Using Webkey you can control your phone from any browser. It is a free, open source tool includes several features since 4 years.
- You can click and type on the phone (we inject touch events to the touch device and create a new HID for typing),
- get screenshots (copied from the framebuffer device) in jpeg and png, record images in sequence
- start phone calls (it uses '/bin/system/service' from android)
- open webpages on the phone (it uses intents)
- browse, download from, upload to the SD card (it uses AjaXplorer so you can rename files, listen mp3, etc.)
- browse and read every files on phone
- get the phone's location (GPS and network, it uses our JAVA code and shows the result on GoogeMaps)
- terminal emulator with Shell In A Box
- if your 3g internet provider blocks the incoming connection to your phone, then you cannot connect using its IP address or DynDNS, but you can connect through our server (the phone starts the connection like GoogleTalk does)
For as the Webkey only a hobby project and until now we just worked with it in the free time. In past few days we tried reorganize the development and the service. The plan is that in the new release we will serve better user experience and extend the supported devices.We found new way to read the phone's screen and we discovered new type network protocols and server solutions for the wide range support.Of course until the new release we have a lot of work ahead of us.
Looks like that we are out of budget and the server has been shutted down. Until we can not see guarantee the server's rent of the next 3 months we can not start again the service. We hope that we can solve this issue and we see welcome your donation!
Feel free to write us: Zoltán Papp (email)
Thanks for all the fish!