We would like to thank everyone who signup up for our closed beta, it's time we get started!
We are starting to roll out our beta invites in rounds right now, ordered by the date you signed up. This means you might not get your invite immediately, but pretty soon everyone will get to participate. Thank you for your patience, and looking forward to everyones feedback.
We are happy to announce that the closed beta of Webkey is beginning very soon.
During this period Webkey is not available to the public, which means we need users who would like to get at invitation to sign up here: Webkey closed beta signup
Users who sign up to the beta will be notified in email and invited through the Google Play Store when the Webkey beta is deployed.
Tue Jul 27 22:35:49 CEST 2015
The server is BACK!
Thanks for everyone the donations!
We will continue the development
The new version is comeing soon... :)
Tue Jun 30 22:51:49 CEST 2015
Why stopped the service?
Webkey is still a hobby project and now we are out of budget. Behind the scene we are working on a new version with better business model.
Until the new release we operate from the donations only. So if you feel that the project is enough cool or it help your daily life you can support the team!
I hope that we can raise enough donation for that we switch back the server soon!
Tue Jun 30 22:51:49 CEST 2015
Something is brewing at Webkey…
After providing our free service for over 5. years, receiving more than 2700 reviews with an average score of 4.2, we feel it is time to take a step forward.
As you may know Webkey started off as a hobby project which the developers worked on in their free time. Currently we are redrawing the lines:
We create a highly scalable application which allows you to remotely manage your smartphone from any browser.
We expect the brand new Webkey to be ready by early May 2015.
If you would like to contact us, please use the following e-mail address: email@example.com
The development team is busy with programming so we would like to ask your patience while waiting for answers to your queries.
Thu Jan 29 18:42:36 CET 2015
Using Webkey you can control your phone from any browser. It is a free, open source tool includes several features since 4 years.
- You can click and type on the phone (we inject touch events to the touch device and create a new HID for typing),
- get screenshots (copied from the framebuffer device) in jpeg and png, record images in sequence
- start phone calls (it uses '/bin/system/service' from android)
- open webpages on the phone (it uses intents)
- browse, download from, upload to the SD card (it uses AjaXplorer so you can rename files, listen mp3, etc.)
- browse and read every files on phone
- get the phone's location (GPS and network, it uses our JAVA code and shows the result on GoogeMaps)
- terminal emulator with Shell In A Box
- if your 3g internet provider blocks the incoming connection to your phone, then you cannot connect using its IP address or DynDNS, but you can connect through our server (the phone starts the connection like GoogleTalk does)
For as the Webkey only a hobby project and until now we just worked with it in the free time. In past few days we tried reorganize the development and the service. The plan is that in the new release we will serve better user experience and extend the supported devices.
We found new way to read the phone's screen and we discovered new type network protocols and server solutions for the wide range support.
Of course until the new release we have a lot of work ahead of us.
Looks like that we are out of budget and the server has been shutted down. Until we can not see guarantee the server's rent of the next 3 months we can not start again the service. We hope that we can solve this issue and we see welcome your donation!
We would love to hear your experciences with Webkey or ideas and suggestions on how to improve!
You may send us an e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for all the fish!